"Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins; 39 "and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses." -Acts 13:38-39
We don't need anymore self help books on how to be better people, how to have more money in our bank accounts, or really to have the latest gadget out there! What we need is more of Him and less of us. Your wayward husband, wife, son or daughter out there.. that's what they need, not an intervention or a twelve step program. Let me ask you this.. Are you so entrenched in the gospel that you are content in Him as is right now? The gospel needs to be central to our lives. If God didn't d a single thing in our life from this day on, He is still worthy of praise and worship, because of who He is and what He has already given us (His Son, salvation). We say "Oh I'll be satisfied or set..."
- when I get rid of the old car for a new 2016' Lexus!
- When I get rid of the lazy ol' husband of mine!
- When I get rid of the cranky ol' wife of mine!
- When I get rid of this ol' pile of debt of mine!
- HOW IS THE GOSPEL AFFECTING YOUR EVERYDAY LIFE? DO YOU SEE SALVATION AS A MERE PAST EVENT OR DOES IT HAVE PRESENT HOLD ON THE WAY YOU THINK AND LIVE?
- "Jesus + Something = Everything | Jesus + Nothing = Everything" -?