"Jacob blessed Pharaoh" -Genesis 47:10
We can learn from Jacob here a very important principle. Wherever we are at we should seek to be a blessing instead of a burden to others. Regardless of whether they know who you are in Christ or not, seek to bless others. Acknowledge those that God is putting in your life to bless and seek to bless them. Instead of being a pain in the neck on your boss try to see how you can bless him or her. Instead of seeing how the church can serve you, instead seek to serve the body of Christ. We can be a burden when we live with an entitled attitude, always waiting on others to offer us something. We can be a burden instead of a blessing when:
- Instead of solving problems we make more!
- Instead of covering another's sin we point the finger!
- We tear others down instead of building them up!
- We are overly critical, making a big deal about non-essential things!
- We seek our own before others!
- HOW CAN YOU BLESS SOMEONE TODAY TO SHOW THE LOVE OF CHRIST?
- "You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving. The great acts of love are done by those who are habitually performing small acts of kindness." -Victor Hugo